Monday, March 30, 2009

CLOSED : Berry Ocean - Albuquerque Gelato!

Hi! I bet ya'll thought I'd dropped off the face of the earth! Nope, I'm here... It's just that sometimes, life gets in the way of everything else. :-)


You probably already know that the Empire Burritos that I had blogged about earlier is CLOSED. It's very sad; it was one of my husband's favorite places to eat. And as a strict Vegan, he's tough to please!


For the first business to be mentioned by me in my renewed interest in blogging, I am writing about
Berry Ocean. I've blogged on Gelato before, and THIS place is a must for folks in the Albuquerque area. I have adopted this business as my family's "go-to" place for celebrations. Not everyone is a cake fan and dessert in a crowded noisy restaurant is not my idea of celebrating, but we can please the whole crowd with Gelato, they normally have seating for our whole gang, the owner doesn't mind our taking pictures and videos of our event, and it is peaceful.


Portion sizes range from "that is ridiculously small" [in my American opinion] to "Omm Nomm Nomm" [my term for wow that looks terrific!"], and there are usually 40+ flavors to choose from, in addition to Frozen Yogurt, Espresso drinks, and smoothies.






As their Key Concepts explain, "GELATO = less fat + no air added = rich creamier taste". You might never be able to tell that there is less fat in the products, but you sure will enjoy them. Of course, Vegans are concerned about animal-based ingredients. Not to worry, order the fruit flavors, they are water-based with no dairy.


For Diabetics, ask what flavors in stock are made Sugar-Free - they vary depending on the day.


Please patronize this great Gelato business, Berry Ocean. Keep their doors open!

Location:Corner of Wyoming and Montgomery, same Location as India Palace, Chuck E. Cheese, Yen Ching, Michael's, Just Muffin Around, etc.


4410 Wyoming Blvd # H Albuquerque NM 87111


Please call first to check the hours [these were listed on their website]

M-T : 10AM-10:00PM Fri,Sat: 10AM-10:30PM Sun:: 11AM-9:30PM

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to have stumbled upon your blog! It's hard finding recommendations for good veg-friendly restaurants. Glad you're back to posting and keep it up!

Anonymous said...

FYI: The Empire Burritos location on Coors is still open :)

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry, I meant to say the one on Paradise & Golf Course is still open!

Thanks for the blog!